Cauliflower Puree with Garlicky Chard
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Pepper to taste
- 1 large bunch of swiss chard, tough stems removed and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- salt and pepper to taste
While cauliflower steams, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and toast for about 2 minutes, stirring often. Remove pine nuts and set aside. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Once oil is heated, add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Sauté for about 1 minute, stirring often.
Add Swiss chard and 3 Tbsp. water. Reduce heat to low and sauté until chard is tender and wilted, about 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.Once cauliflower is ready, transfer to a high-speed blender and add 3 Tbsp. olive oil, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Process until smooth.