- We grow several varieties of hardneck garlic, which produce scapes in the late spring.
Garlic scapes will keep ~3 weeks when refrigerated loosely in plastic.
They are high in fiber and contain good amounts of vitamin C and pro-vitamin A, which protects your skin and lungs.
- Garlic scapes are a long curly stem that grows from hardnecked garlic.
- Chop them into salads or use them as a topping, like scallions.
- Taste-wise, garlic scapes are garlicky but with a fresh “green” taste.
- They can be used in any dish where one usually uses garlic but would like a garlic flavor with less bite than garlic cloves.