Roasted Eggplant Salad
- 2 large eggplants, about 2 pounds
- Kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup flat parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled and divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
Heat the oven to 400°F. Cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes and put in a large bowl. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and set aside while making the marinade.
Whisk together the olive oil, cider vinegar, honey, smoked paprika, and cumin. Dab away any extra water that has beaded up on the eggplant and toss with the marinade. Stir in the garlic. Spread the eggplant on a large baking sheet, lined with parchment and slide onto a rack placed in the center of the oven. Roast at 400°F for 40 minutes, or until very tender and slightly browned. (Stir every 15 minutes and check after 30 minutes to make sure it isn't burning.) Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
Whisk together the lemon juice and soy sauce. Return the eggplant to the bowl and toss with the lemon juice mixture. Stir in the parsley leaves, smoked almonds, and most of the goat cheese, reserving a little.
Spread the finished salad in a serving bowl and sprinkle the reserved goat cheese crumbles and scallions on top.
Taken from the thekitchn.com