Romaine & Gorgonzola Salad with Roasted Garlic Dressing
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. apple cider
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 8 cups bite-size pieces romaine lettuce (1 large head)
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- a generous handful of pecans
Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss oil with garlic in small baking dish. Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake until garlic is golden and tender, about 45 minutes. Cool. Squeeze garlic from skins. Reserve oil. Transfer roasted garlic to processor. Add honey, vinegar, cider and mustard and blend well.
With processor running, slowly add reserved garlic oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Toss lettuce with 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese and enough dressing to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and pecans and serve.
Bon Appétit | October 2000