- We grow several varieties of spinach in the spring, fall, and winter.
Dunk spinach in a cold water bath and then spin dry. Store in a damp towel in a plastic bag for up to 1 week.
Spinach is a good source of Niacin and Zinc, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Manganese.
- 2-3 lbs of spinach cooks down to 2 cups.
- Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, diced garlic, fresh basil leaves, and feta cheese for an easy fresh salad.
- Toss tender raw leaves into pasta.
- Add spinach to quiche, lasagna, or other baked dishes.
- Substitute spinach for chard in other recipes.