Tomato & Fennel Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds heirloom tomatoes
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Core the tomatoes and cut into wedges. Remove the top of the fennel (save some fronds for garnish) and slice the bulb very thinly crosswise with a knife or on a mandoline.
Toss the tomatoes and fennel in a bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Garnish with 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds, season to taste, and serve.
2005, Ina Garten, from foodnetwork.com